This program is designed for those individuals already involved in deep diving activities but wish to develop the skills, ability and knowledge to enable safe diving in the trimix depth range. It includes extensive dive planning workshops covering all bailout scenarios, run time management and choice of gases. The diver’s skills are developed to the highest level to promote self sufficiency and safety whilst maintaining the ability to operate within a team.
The program includes academic lectures, confined water skills development and open water dives. Gas switching computers can be used (and are recommended) but IANTD tables must be used as a backup.
The knowledge and skills taught in the IANTD Trimix Diver program qualify divers to perform Trimix Dives to a maximum depth of 100 meters (333 feet).
- You must be qualified as an IANTD Technical Diver, Technical Cave Diver, Technical Wreck Diver, Normoxic Trimix Diver or equivalent.
- You must provide proof of a minimum of 200 logged dives, of which at least 25 were to depths between 42 and 60 meters (140 and 200 feet) or sufficient experience doing technical dives to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- IANTD Trimix Diver Student Kit.
- Fulfill general equipment requirements for technical diver programs.