This program is designed to train divers to conduct dives to depths between 30 meters (100 feet) and a maximum depth of 51 meter (170 feet) using and EANx mixture, to provide greater understanding of custom blend breathing gas mixtures, a complete knowledge of the limits of any EANx mixture and the use of EANx and oxygen for decompression.
The course covers a broad level of theory and skills, focusing on the bailout procedures needed to conduct extended range dives. A major emphasis on the theory is dive planning for all failure scenarios. The course develops the core survival skills such as isolation manifold shutdowns to a higher level of performance, giving the diver increased confidence to conduct extended range dives.
The knowledge and skills taught in this program qualifies divers to safely conduct dives to 51 meters (170 feet) and perform decompression stops using EANx or oxygen.
- You must be qualified as an IANTD Advanced EANx Diver or equivalent.
- You must provide proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which at least 30 were deeper tan 27 meters (or 90 feet), or sufficient experience doing technical dives to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- IANTD Technical Diver Student Kit.
- Fulfil general equipment requirements for technical diver programs.